Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our (Tuesday) Memorial Day

Since Brad and I both had to work on Memorial Day (which we didn't mind because it was raining all day) we decided to have a Picnic on Tuesday and spend the day together! A few days earlier I had bought 2 ginormical (Brad's wording) steaks! So we took the grill and our cute new cooler (that decided to attack my hand!) to the park. This is Brad grilling our steaks! It was pretty funny because they filled the whole grill and overflowed our plates! Since these were the size of my HEAD it took awhile for them to cook so we went online and got the phases 11-20 for the game Phase10. They were really hard but way fun! This is me!! I cut up a watermelon and made some pasta salad!(see my spiderman band-aid....that's from our cute mean cooler.)


To add to our day we decided to go to Idaho Falls! We went to Pier 1 but didn't find anything because they were out of the frames we wanted and they really just don't have anything I like...or can afford! ha Then we moved on to Lowes to get the part for our closet so I could finally hang my shirts and we can find a place for the rest of our clothes..(yes, we're not all the way unpacked.... I don't want to talk about it!) Then we ended up at Best Buy to get a movie..but ended up with the 1st Season of Scrubs...24 episodes, we are very excited! We got home and I went tanning...because I'm pale and when I got out Sam (Bryant) asked Brad to play on her softball team! Brad was really excited because he's been wanting to play but could never find the time with school and work and... ME! So we got ready and went up to the field. The first inning was great Sam made an awesome catch, Brad was playing short stop and got to make a play! Second Inning wasn't as great. Brad got up to bat and swung at a bad pitch and spun around but his right leg didn't. He fell to the ground in pain. From the stands I couldn't tell if he was just hurt for a second or if it was serious, but when he wasn't getting up we all knew something was wrong. I go down to the field and the ambulance was on it's way. Brad had DISLOCATED HIS KNEE!!!! Before he was in the ambulance car he had an IV and a splint!

This is Brad in the back of the Ambulance. I was riding in the front playing with all the bells and whistles...just kidding!
This is Brad finally smiling after all the screaming, drugging, and putting the knee cap back in place!!
And the finished project...this is what I get to live with for the next 6 weeks or less (hopefully)!!! Brad has a knee enforcer (technically called an "immobilizer") and crutches now!

So this was our exciting Tuesday Memorial Day!! Our first real family crisis and adventure! I can't wait for next year!!

3 comments:

joyous said...

Bummer Brad!!! You have to remember that you're an old married guy now...not a young single thing. We hope you're not in too much pain and that Mel is taking good care of you! Take care. :)

Olson Family said...

i still cringe when I think about it... but glad the rest of your day was good! Melanie now you can take care of Brad! it can be fun!

Shannon said...

Aww that sounds like such a fun day. . . until the knee thing. Ech, knee caps popping out of place gives me the shivers. So not fun to be on crutches either. Poor Brad and you too for having to pick up all the slack. If we were closer I would totally help out. Oh well. :) Hope you guys make the best of it and enjoy the down time together. Love you!
PS-I concur, definitely your best post so far.