Friday, August 20, 2010

Olson Family Trip to Zion

Sorry this is insanely late!! Computer wouldn't load my pictures! But here it is, at the end of a long semester Brad and I were definately looking forward to some vacation time! Our first vacation started the day after we finished school. We met my parents, Jules, Bowles, and Henshaws in Zion, Utah! The day we got there we did dinner outside and used the fire pit that was on the hotel grounds and had hot dogs and everything that goes along with it. Mom gave the kids bubbles, which was fun, even those Lizzie was really the only one that got the hang of it!

After hotdogs we roasted marshmellows, Rachel was having a hard time so we let her do her own thing (to prevent a fit) and she just stuck her stick and marshmellow in the hot coals and was so proud of herself she was waving it around, hence the faces! One of the best part of the trip for Brad and I was watching the kids play and interact. They are getting so big and we just don't see them that much, we love our family and this was what this trip was all about.


Mom had tons of fun crafts for the kids and apparently for Jules and I! We made foam ocean landscapes. Weston and Mimi went to town with this one!
After the kiddies went to bed we did a cream soda blind taste test! Apparently Jones cream soda tastes like refried beans.... Ha I think it's just Shannon's pregnancy hormones! It was a lot of fun, but very bubbly tummies after.

We did a fun nature walk, and it was the perfect time of day there was cloud cover and not too hot! Brad and I loved watching the kiddies find all the bugs. It was nice because we all walked at our own pace and took pictures.
There were tons of stink bugs on the walk way and dodging them was the a task, because there wouldn't be one for awhile and then one would seem to pop out of no where! This is Brad being so brave.

I was not kidding when I said nature walk, we saw deer! This is Jules and Brad being twinners with their matching hats and dreams of being the next Jeff Corwin! haha

We had a blast and really enjoyed hanging out in the pool and in the hotel room, we shopped in Zion and had a fun lunch at Oscar's. It was the perfect trip to start the summer. Big thank you to Mom and Dad for making it happen, Love you tons!

















3 comments:

elizabeth said...

LOVE the blog!! You were such a FUN part of the trip. Couldn't have done it without you. You kids are the best of the best. I do think my favorite picture is of Brad and Jules pointing to the deer, but just a little off ;-) Thanks for (finally) blogging!!! I miss you!

joyous said...

So cute!! I love that first picture and might have to steal it. And your picture of the deer actually turned out cool! You can't really see it in any of ours. It was fun talking to you (twice!) this last week. I love you guys. :)

Olson Family said...

I miss this trip already! CAN NOT wait to see you guys in December! PS. this picture with brad in the background makes me laugh everytime I see it!