Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baking!!!

One of the Pharmacist that Brad works with had a lot of extra zucchini and offered us some, how can you say no to yummy home grown zucchini!! These things were HUGE!! Look at them next to my lovely Kitchen Aid.
I have been wanting to bake for awhile and it was cooling down a bit so each zucchini would make 5 mini loaves of zucchini bread and one batch of zucchini brownies, which I have been wanting to try forever since Lindsay sent me a recipe!
I ended up making 10 mini loaves, 3 sheet cakes of brownies, and sliced and froze half of the last zucchini.
Then we experimented with pizza, with garlic alfredo, portabello mushroom, bacon, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Super yummy!
We don't do much other than work, Brad goes to school and works, and we eat! ha But at the candy store in Zion they had these popcorn off the cob and I really wanted it, because it was so cute! A convinced Brad caved, and we finally tried it out, it was pretty good, I burnt half of it, and when I told Brad to hold it for a picture, he burnt his fingers with the extremely hot kernals...opps! :) Other than that we haven't been up to much, just preparing for the winter!! YAY!! Not really. Ha

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the winter sarcasm. :) And HOLY COW those are the hugest zucchinis I have ever seen in my life! When I get back from CA I am going to make this really good zucchini cake my friend made for me last year. I'll send you the recipe if you want it. I want your zucchini brownie recipe too. Yum. Can you tell it's 6pm and I'm hungry right now?

Tasha said...

Wow, that is a lot baking! I sure do love zuccini...YUM! Glad you are having fun with your kitchen aide. Good luck getting ready for winter. I miss Rexburg.

elizabeth said...

I love seeing you use your Kitchen Aid and that pizza looks so yummy too. The popcorn on the cob looks like more of a novelty than actually successful. Sorry about the burnt fingers, Brad. Love you both!

joyous said...

Yum, yum!!! You've been busy in the kitchen, I love it! Zucchini bread and brownies are awesome. :)