Monday, July 25, 2016

Stella's Birth Story


Stella's birth story is far less dramatic than Wilson's and we couldn't have been happier about that!


This was the last bump picture I took, I'm kind of bummed I didn't think tho take one before we left to the hospital like I did with Wilson. But you get the point, I was big! lol 

Stella's story starts Friday April 29th at my last doctors appointment, I was 39 weeks and 1 day.  We were planning on talking about inducing because we had a bunch of family coming into town the next week and thought it would be great if she could arrive before then. 
During the visit my blood pressure was abnormally high so they decided to recheck it three times, it came down a little but not much.  This worried Dr. Young because it points to preeclampsia and he wanted to induce me that night.  I have this weird thing about number and I really wanted Stella to be born on May 1st so I really didn't want to go in that night. Dr. Young said since I didn't have any other signs oh preeclampsia I could come in late April 30th.  I was thrilled!


April 30th comes and we got approved to go in a 7pm.  I didn't want to get there too early incase things went fast and she came before the 1st. Linda came over to spend the night with Wilson and we headed to the hospital.  We picked Timpanogos Regional Hospital because it is 2 minutes away from the apartment and a beautiful facility.  When we got there we pretty much got started, by 8 pm I was hooked to to monitors, IVs and was given the cytotec to get things progressing.
By 10 pm I was having steady contractions and ready for my epidural, unfortunately I had to wait a bit for the anesthesiologist to be available but he showed up by 10:30 pm.  I'm pretty sure getting the epidural is the hardest part of labor, haha, but I wouldn't want to do it with out one.  We got it in place and I moved weird and messed it up, so rather then hope it was still in the right place, we did it all over again... fun. But the second time was able to really feel it going in the right place and we all felt better about it's placement, by this time it was 11:30 pm.  We tried to settle in but my catheter was giving me trouble,  I felt like I had to pee really bad but couldn't.  They redid it one more time and it was still uncomfortable but bearable.  By 1 am my contractions were hurting really bad and were really strong.  The anesthesiologist came in and gave me a big boost of pain meds to help and stayed with me for another 20 mins to make sure I was comfortable and feeling and not feeling in the right places.  Needless to say.. I loved him. I was feeling good and was finally able to relax a little.
Brad got a little sleep here and there, I didn't really get any but was able to watch part of a movie.  I ended up with a fever and was SO hot around 2 am but with some medicine and a cool towel I was feeling better.  At about 2:45 am Stella was really moving down, with every contraction I could tell she was moving down and contractions got more and more intense.  
Dr. Young was on call that night and wasn't sure he could make it to the hospital in time because he was finishing another birth.  By 3:10 am I was hoping with every contraction my water wouldn't break, because I could feel it coming close each time.  Dr. Young showed up at 3:15 am and as he went to check where I was at my water broke and gushed everywhere, it was comical how much fluid there was.  Dr. Young said there was meconium in my fluid so they had a respiratory doctor come for when the baby was born.  After 6-8 pushes and a episiotomy Stella and another huge gush of fluid came out! She was all sorts of tangled in her umbilical cord but luckily it wasn't around her neck.  
Apparently the pediatricians had to resuscitate her and get her breathing, I had no idea until we later, but she recovered well and only had a fever for about an hour because I had had one. 


Stella Quinn Curnow
Born May 1, 2016
3:29 am
8 lb 4 oz 20.5 in


She is so cute and had a bunch of hair just like her brother did and took a third of the time to get here! From the time we got to the hospital to the time she was born was 8 1/2 hours! It completely flew by! What a dream!


I was beyond happy with her birth and my labor experience.  The nurses were amazing and genuinely caring.  I felt so much more in control of my body.  My doctor let me push when I wanted to and when I was ready. Right after she came out we were all happy, smiling, talking, and laughing.  I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience.


We fell in love with her the instant we saw her, Stella is beautiful and the perfect piece to our family!


Brad was so great! He only got to sleep for a little bit (but it took 5 minutes for me to wake him up) and handled it great.  Since this go around I actually could feel my contraction, I really depended on him to get me through them and he didn't disappoint.  He's a great support and the perfect dad for our kids!


I loved the transition from the delivery room to the recovery room. Again my nurse that night was amazing, she made sure I was comfortable and could almost read my mind for my needs.  Brad stayed the rest of the night/morning with me then went home to shower and bring Wilson and Linda to meet Stella!


When 3 became 4!! Wilson really wasn't very interested in her but loved playing in the room! Ha Brad stayed home with Wilson and they came back the next day for another visit!


Shannon came to see me Sunday afternoon and to meet Stella! It was nice to have a quiet visit with just the 2 of us.


Being at the hospital by myself was kind of boring and you can only watch so much tv, but I really did enjoy my time hanging with Stella.  At night she just wanted to eat all the time but would just fall asleep.  I had her go to the nursery Sunday night because I was exhausted.  My nurse called and asked if they could give her a binky and I of course said yes.  My nurse knew I was super tired and kept Stella in the nursery as long as possible to let me sleep. 


I was hoping to go home Monday afternoon but because of the short fever and the potential of an infection from the meconium they wanted her to stay till Tuesday morning.  So when Tuesday morning came we got out of there as soon as we could! It was truly a great experience, I felt so good and recovered great! 
Stella we love you and are so happy and blessed that you are a part of our family. We can't wait to watch your life's journey to see where it takes you.

4 comments:

Becky Green said...

Awwwww! I love this. Stella is a lucky girl. You're such a rock star. Labor sounds like no fun and two epidurals! I'm so glad it went faster and better this time, though.

Becky Green said...

Awwwww! I love this. Stella is a lucky girl. You're such a rock star. Labor sounds like no fun and two epidurals! I'm so glad it went faster and better this time, though.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you had a better experience this time. Stella is a doll and I just love her!

Anonymous said...

美女视讯聊天室 , 美女视讯聊天室 , 美女视讯聊天室 , 美女视讯聊天室 , 美女视讯聊天室 , 美女视讯聊天室 , 美女视讯聊天室 , 美女视讯聊天室 , 美女视讯聊天室 , 美女视讯聊天室