Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Halloween

Since Brad and I got married in February we are having our first holidays together as a married couple. So this is our first Halloween together and we insisted on carving a pumpkin! We've been really excited about this especially as we watch people buy pumpkins at work. Our schedules at work have been really nice this semester because we have at least one day off together sometimes 2. So we got our pumpkin last night and a kit to crave with. The kit we bought had patterns of what to carve. We did a level one pumpkin because those level 4's looked way to hard! This is Brad and I after we finished carving...we like to take pictures of ourselves! ha
This is our Pirate Pumpkin. I haven't thought of a name for him yet but don't worry, he'll have one. Brad picked out the pirate and we had fun de-gutting it and picking out the seeds to bake. (but I accidentally burnt the seeds so no yummy pumpkin seeds, next year right?!) But we have a fun time and enjoyed our first pumpkin carving experience! Now, all we need is the doughnut cat!! ha

7 comments:

sara said...

I was just thinking I needed to buy a pumpkin so that Stanford and I could carve one. The last two years we have gone crazy carving pumpkins. It's so fun! Oh and that picture of the two of you is adorable.

Kim said...

HOW FUN! Isn't it so much fun to start traditions with your new family. I love it.

joyous said...

Argh, Matey!!! That is one cool pumpkin. We're waiting until next week so we can enter it at our ward party, but I can't wait and my kids ask for a pumpkin everytime we go to the store. Hope you guys have a great holiday season!!!

Olson Family said...

ohhh my freakin gosh... this is my THIRD time i have tried to leave a comment. and I am sorry but each time they get shorter and shorter... Your pumpkin is really impressive. I still havent been able to do anything but a jack o lantern... maybe one year. who knows maybe this year! I love you and miss you! I really enjoyed talking to you last night... p.s. you and brad are as cute as ever!

Shannon said...

That is a level ONE pumpkin! That looks amazing! Good job guys. I love the pic of you. You guys are so cute. I remember doing all those fun things as a couple, you know, pre-kids. Enjoy it. ;) Anyway, I'm glad you are in the spirit of the holidays. We are pumpkin carving this week too and I'm hoping Weston might actually want to help this year. We shall see. Anyway, I love you tons!!!
PS-you should ask Dad for a donut cat for Christmas. I bet he'd make you one. :)

Anonymous said...

Your level one pirate pumpkin puts my freehand pirate pumpkin to shame. However, I did win "most piratey" pumpkin at the ward Halloween party. Note: every pumpkin won something at the ward Halloween party, but it was $10 to Target so it's O.K. I'll bet if you bat those pretty, long eyelashes of yours at your father, you might just get a black donut cat :-) We love seeing you girls use them with your families :-)

Anonymous said...

Um, that anonymous one up there is me, mom.