Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Concerts and Promotions



So a few weeks ago Travis texted me and said that Yellowcard would be playing possibly their last show ever in Logan on September 30th. Yellowcard has been my favorite band of life since I heard "Big Apple Heartache" from their CD "One For The Kids." Then "Ocean Avenue" came out and they exploded to where they are now. The last time I saw them was Fall semester of 2004. So I asked Mel if we could go down to Logan and she said yes. So we were lucky enough to both have the day off and went down with some of our friends. The show was played completely on acoustic guitars and was by far the best concert I have been to in my whole life. After the show was over we hung around for a couple minutes and the guys came out to meet the fans. When I saw them my senior year in high school I met the drummer and had him sign my shirt, but have not gotten to meet them since then. So this pretty much made my concert going life! This is me and Ryan Key. He is the lead singer and lead guitarist for Yellowcard. He's pretty much my musical hero.
This is me and Sean Mackin. He plays the violin. He's been known to do backflips off the drum stand, the stool he usually has up there, and even off the 5-10 foot speaker stacks on stage. Unfortunately he didn't do any that night.
This is me and Ryan Mendez. He is the other guitarist. He joined the band in 2005 after they finished recording "Lights And Sounds" and Ben Harper left the band for whatever reason. Personally, I like him a lot better than Harper.
Now for the promotions part. As I'm sure everyone knows, Mel works at Albertson's and she has been a checker there since October of last year. Well, last week she was talking to one of her managers and she asked her if she would like to have the manager position that they were looking to fill. Of course she said she would, so now she is the newest front end manager at the Rexburg Albertson's! Of course now she has more responsibility and will be working a few more hours every week, but she will be getting a pay raise. But we're both excited for this new opportunity and I couldn't be more proud of her.

4 comments:

joyous said...

Wohoo!!! Mel we're really proud of you, that's awesome to be a manager. :) And what a fun event to go to and get to meet the band too! You guys look like you're having fun up there in Rexburg.

Olson Family said...

GOOOO MELLLL!!!! first a promotion then your first concert. well actually other way around but ya get the jist! Brad you rock for being an awesome husband! I am sooo jealous about yellowcard its been forever since i have been to a show or concert. ugh! maybe when you guys come down in december i will look online and see if there is anything going on!

Anonymous said...

Yea!! A new blog!! I mean yea. . . a promotion and a concert. The concert looked like fun. I'm excited about the promotion too. I hope you make a really nice (yet TOUGH) boss Melanie. I'd love for you to be my manager!!! Hang in there school and work hard. You are probably halfway through the semester by now! We are at CSUF (I'm secretly raising the roof over here!). Love ya!!

Shannon said...

Wow. That sounds like a great show! I'm glad you guys got to go. Ian and I saw The Get Up Kids during their final tour while we were in NY. It was so fun. That is awesome that you got to meet the whole band! Very fun.

CONGRATS Mel!!! We are very excited for you too. Promotions are always a good thing and that was a pretty hefty raise, which is always good. Good luck with the new responsibilities, extra hours and still rockin' school! You're awesome. Love you!