Thursday, November 13, 2008

Getting ready for my 1st Thanksgiving

So, this Thanksgiving is my first Thanksgiving that I have to cook on my own. Brad and I are going to my house for Christmas and so we will be working during Thanksgiving week. Anyways we are having a few couples over for dinner and I'm making the turkey and I'm pretty nervous because that's the main event. What if I mess it up? What if I burn it? Now, I know the pressure that every Mother or Grandmother or in my case (Father) goes through on this day... it's crazy stressful. So, if anyone had an advise or quick easy recipes, I will gladly take them.
PS. Albertsons is having a deal right now, (at least in Idaho) where you buy 2 Sara Lee's Pies (Cherry, Apple or Pumpkin) and 2 half gallon Bryers Ice Cream all for 6.78 (that's with tax) You can't make a pie for that cheap.
So, if you are incharge of pie, stock up, no limit and it's an awesome deal.
Pays to know an emplyee right?! haa

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm bummed that I won't get to see you this year for Thanksgiving, but it will be kind of fun to do it at your place. I'm sure your turkey will turn out fine. I've never made a turkey, so I don't have any advice to give you, but I would recommend getting a cheap turkey roasting pan if you are going to do the whole bird. Also a baster. :) You will definitely have to take pictures of your first turkey. I love you!
PS-you need to post the awesome albertson's deals more often. Love it!

joyous said...

Good luck with the turkey Mel!! I think you should soak it in a brine overnite and then smoke it in a meat smoker....oh wait, that's Dad. Nevermind. Just follow the directions and it will turn out just fine. I love you lots!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, you have a big crockpot, I think, and you could buy a small turkey or a big turkey breast. Aunt Barbara has a recipe for turkey in a crockpot. It could cook all day while you are working and then you could come home and put together the other stuff . . stuff like mashed potatoes, stuffing, and other yummies. Call her if you want to do that. It's any idea :-)

P.S. We can't wait for that Christmas part to happen!!

Tasha said...

Good luck!!! My BIG suggestion for the tuckey is to cook it in a turkey bag (It is a big plastic bag that you cook it in and the turkey turns out SOOO much moister!! And it is very very easy!) I am sure you can find them at Albertsons. Ask someone while you are working. My first turkey experience was in Rexburg too. :)