Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Tiny Preview

This is our new entertainment center and DVD stand. We are going for dark brown so this summers project is to restain the DVD stand because pictures on the internet are very deceiving. But it will be fun to have a summer project! This is one of two lamps in the Living room, those are pretty much the colors, the dark brown table, the maroon lamp shade and the deep, kinda rusty gold as an accent. Also pictured are my new blocks from Joy for Christmas! I love them and they are my first decoration up! So today Brad and I are going to be working on the spare bedroom so we'll try to have pictures of that by Monday!!....Maybe.. ;)


7 comments:

joyous said...

Your new tables and lamps look really nice. I do like the dark brown and burgundy, very classy. I'm glad you like your blocks too. They're so fun! Thanks for the pics and the update!

Denise and Jon Lahusky said...

WOW! now I know why jon likes to play games over there. Super Bowl will be so much fun. (our blog is lahuskyfamily.blogspot.com)

Shannon said...

Yay! Pictures! I love the colors. I'm a big fan of the dark brown and I love maroon too. I'm glad that the house is coming together. It's nice to feel settled and like it's really your home. Also, shout out to Joy, I LOVE those blocks . . . my b-day is coming up. ;) Take care Mel. Love you lots!

jilljohnson said...

That is really nice. I wish I had a TV that big that I needed a stand like that too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics, it is always fun to start with fresh new things. Just a word of caution on trying to sain your DVD Holder. It is made of MDF particle board with a VERY thin (.005")veneer that has the wood grain appearance. This veneer is probably NOT wood but a coated paper. Even if it turns out to have an actual wood veneer it is so thin that you will not be able to sand the finish so it can be stained without sanding through to the MDF which will not look like wood when you stain it. Your best bet is to live with it until you find one the right color and then sell the one you have to help offset the cost of the new one.
Love you guys! dad

Olson Family said...

o0o0o very cool new BIG tv!!! also love what you have started to do to the place!! I am into the dark wood! I love you guys and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Yea!! I love the pictures!! The dark wood is so pretty and, of course, I love the burgundy lampshade!! It looks so cute with your blocks there. I have mine on the mantle of the fireplace. I left you a message on your phone that I e-mailed Aunt Cindy. I told her you would send her that game this weekend. . . by Sunday. O.K.?? Can't wait to see the spare room and kitchen too!!