Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm A True Olson Now!!!

I have finally made my own Grandma Olson Sour Cream Sugar Cookies!!! They were so much fun, but me being silly made a double batch because I thought there wouldn't been enough...oh boy was I wrong. It took me two days to do!! The first half of the double batch was for the 4 of us to decorate and eat for fun!
Then the next day I made the second batch and made them fun and cute and gave out a bunch to a bunch of friends! It was so fun to go and deliver the cookies... It brought back memories from delivering A LOT of chocolate bread! But it was fun to visit with friends since we haven't really had anyone over in the last well.. month and a half. We did big and small hearts and small stars! Since it was the day after Memorial Day... it works!
Here is some of the done ones, we did yellow, blue and red!


This is me decorating! It was a lot of fun. Josh and Kristal had never done it before so I think they enjoyed it as well.



5 comments:

joyous said...

Congratulations, Melanie!!! You're right, that first time is always a doozey. :) But totally worth it. Sounds like a fun thing to do together with your roomies. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Dad O. said...

The cookies look great, nice and thick so they stay soft. Just to keep the history correct, the cookie recipe comes from your Great-great Grandmother Dattage. They really are my favorite cookie. You and Brad look like you are having fun. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Mom said...

Good job on the cookie front. Yes, a double batch does make a lot of cookies. Breaking it up into two days was a wise idea. They turned out pretty cute. Congrats.

Shannon said...

They do take forever. I did a double batch for Valentine's Day. I figure I only make them once a year, I can do a lot. I did dough and baked them all one day and decorated the next day. You look so cute with your cookies too. I miss your fun face! Can't wait to play in a few weeks! Love you!

jilljohnson said...

I love that recipe it is one of our family favorites too. You dad is right I can remeber grandma (I was to young to ever have them from great-grandma) making thoes cookies that was always a good day to visit.