Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The One and Only....

The one and only thing I love about the winter is when the blinding fog rolls in and you wake up to everything being perfectly iced over. It's super cold but all the branches on trees are frosted and white. Coolest thing I've ever seen. Brad took some pictures for me while I was running out the door to work. These are all just from outside the house. This is the tree is across the sreet. This is the drain on the sides of our doors. Our neighbors is a lot bigger for some reason. I can't believe how big this icicle gets.This is my car itena. So crazy huh?

This is my tree on the front porch. It's dead, and I don't think I'll be able to revive it this summer! This is the only thing that puts a smile on my face during the winter, Can't wait for Summer!!!




6 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok that is really cool looking, but while I was looking at the pictures Ian said we can never live there. :) I love you lots and hope that you are surviving the Idaho winter. Good job finding something to be happy about in the middle of it. I'm crabby about winter and always maintain that there is nothing good about it, but I do enjoy that it's baking season.

joyous said...

Those are some awesome pictures. I hope you have a really warm coat because that made me cold just looking at it!!! I love you tons.

Dad O said...

That is very cool! I had to wear one of my winter sweaters(the ones I usually only wear in Utah)today because it was in the low 50's this morning when I left the house. Now it is like 65 and I could use something different. It is pretty sad that we grab onto any day that feels close to winter. Don't you feel sorry for us? Love you lots.

Julianna said...

danggg mel.... and I thought it was freezing cold when I was there in November. If it makes you feel any better we have had some cold weather lately. I was just FINALLY able to pull out sandals today, but its still not warm enough to wear them at night. :(

Wright Family said...

Oh how familiar!!! I feel your cold pains girl, trust me. Isn't it fun when it looks like that for 2 or 3 days in a row? We are actually having a heat wave here...its been 35 and it even rained the other day!!! Yeah Cache Valley!!

sara said...

Wow, never had to live somewhere when it gets that cold. Don't know if I could do it, but it sure does look pretty! Glad you are enjoying it (for the most part) :)