Friday, April 16, 2010

A Fun Visit!

My parents decided to make a trip up to Idaho to see their long lost daughter! Dad hadn't been to Idaho since they brought up wedding presents over 2 years ago! They arrived on dad's birthday so we had "Moon Pie Cake" which if you're wondering what that is, it's my disasterous cake turned into something creative! Sadly, Mom had shingles still, and there's not much to do in Rexburg when it's cold so we didn't do much, a lot of laying around and talking. Mom wanted to eat on my china, which is so beautiful, and so we had dad's birthday dinner on it. We had honey lime chicken enchiladas, so good! And mom had me bring out my china so she could give me holders to keep my china in! It was well worth pulling the china out of the boxes! On Sunday we went to church, came home and relaxed. I made Sho yu chicken in my big electric skillet, (which i haven't opened since getting from my wedding) I love it!
Brad and I won Sorry Sliders at this years Pharmacy Christmas Party, It's pretty fun and so we knew mom would like it. There are a few different game boards so we tried all 4 of them. We also had awesome weather on Monday, the car said 68!! Mom and Dad must have brought the sunshine with them!


The day they were suppose to leave look what we woke up too!!!! Proof that I'm not lying when I say we have snow in the middle of April. Luckily, Rexburg is special and when mom and dad left they said when they got to Rigby there wasn't very much snow. (Rigby is 15 miles away, crazy huh?) It was such a fun weekend, and I'm glad that they came up to see Brad and I, we love visiters!




6 comments:

Shannon said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys had a nice, relaxing time. Your creative cake sure looks yummy. Also, I'm glad that I didn't plan on making honey lime enchiladas on Tuesday night when Mom and Dad were here. I thought about it! :) Anyway, love you tons and can't wait til it's our turn to visit Rexburg!

joyous said...

What a fun visit! I think Mom and Dad enjoyed just hanging out with you guys. :) They don't need a fun destination: you guys are fun enough! Sounds like good food and good times.

Paige + Blake said...

looks like you guys had fun!
glad your doing well.
we'd love to see you and brad on the sunny side of the street (AKA, here) sometime soon!
let us know if you ever make your way down here.

Mom said...

I keep reading and re-reading about our trip to Rexburg and just now realized I haven't commented. We had such a FUN time with you fun Curnow's. Thanks for the great meals, the fun games, and the super fun company. It really was fun just hanging out and being together. I so wish you were closer. But for now it's "nose to the grindstone" and one with the trimester. Good luck and study hard you two ;-) We love you!!!

Tasha said...

Your parents are so fun. Man, it is crazy the snow that Rexburg gets. That place is cold. Fun though!

sara said...

Looks like you had fun! Isn't it great to get visitors? Especially the folk?! Too bad it always goes by too quickly!