Monday, August 25, 2008

My 1st Trip to Lagoon!!!

My mom had been planning on coming up to Utah for awhile and was going to come see us and we were going to have to take her back down. So we thought hey, let's go to Lagoon since I have never been. Plans changed and my dad and sister (Jules) were coming up too so it was easier for us to go down. But we still wanted to go to Lagoon! So this is the Friday we left to go to Utah!!
This is Brad and I and my new hair color of choice. On our way down at like...7 in the morning. It was really early and for some reason we could manage to be awake enough for a picture!! It was the beginning of a fun weekend! We made really good time and got down to South Weber around 10 and Lagoon didn't open til 11. So Brad noticed at Grandpa Snowball's funeral that he was born in South Weber, and knew of a tiny local graveyard that he thought had some Snowballs buried there. So we took a detour to this graveyard. It was interesting looking at all the different tombstones, and how they did them. We didn't find any Snowballs but I love that Brad pays attention to details like that and suprises me with little side trips like that. It really meant a lot to me and it was really sweet. This is Brad infront of the biggest tombstone there..in the back ground.
We really like hats and we were waiting for Alex and his cousin Rylie to get there. The guy in the store just stared at us like we were crazy but we had fun with them.. Brad was wearing a "pimp" hat (sorry mom I know you don't like that word, but that's what it was called. ha) and I'm wearing an old lady flowery hat..but you can't really see the flowers... Dang.
Brad and the boys decided to do some drag racing. It was really cool to watch minus there were tons of bees following me. But they went super fast and after Brad got third twice he got 2nd on his last try... go Brad!!
This is Brad and Rylie doing to the Catapult. It basically launches you 280 feet into the air... Stupid boys... Alex and I were way to scared to even attempt... but they have a camera on the ride so we got to see the boys faces as they got launched and came back down! Pretty cool!
All and all it was a really fun trip to Lagoon, Brad played a throwing game and won a big monkey. And we all played some mini golf! All the rides were really fun and pretty intense.. But we had a blast.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

OK, thats the most awesome pimp hat I have ever seen. Way to work it with the goatee and stache too, Brad! Anyway, how sweet of Brad to remember about the graveyard there in Weber. Too bad you didn't find any Snowballs, that would have been cool. I'm glad you had a good time at Lagoon. One of these days I will have to finally go there.

Anonymous said...

How sweet of Brad to take you to the graveyard in South Weber. Those are brownie points for Brad that don't expire!! Lagoon looks fun! What a crazy fun weekend you kids had.