Monday, December 1, 2008

My First Thanksgiving Away

Ok so when I put these pictures in they were in the opposite order but hey, what am I going to do! ha
Anyways this was my first thanksgiving cooking the meal. It was very scary but I got it all prepped the day before, so I got the stuffing all made, the sweet potatoes all done and got the turkey all done up! So then all Brad had to do while I was at work was get the rolls out to rise and put the things in the oven. I worked til about 4:45 and when I got home everything was going to plan and Brad and done everything I asked of him, it was so sweet of him.
This is a side note. Here is Sadie today while she was sleeping. She apparently is growing out of her bed and is sleeping on the floor and most of the time on the end of our bed. She is getting so big, we took her to get her first round of shots and she is about 9 lbs and healthy!
Here is Brad sleeping on the floor before I left to work yesterday. It was really cute. We moved some of our furniture so we have a lot more room in our living room!

Here is the table of all the people we had over. We had all 3 leaves in hardly had room for all the food. But we had tons of food, and while we ate we baked the pies and had a wonderful time. Brad and I ended up cooking the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, rolls, and pies (with homemade whipping cream). We had so much fun, and after dinner we did a little cleaning and player ballderdash.. or something like that! ha



And here is me carving my first Turkey!! It was a lot harder than it looks, but it was fun and tasted even better! I can't wait to help next year!


5 comments:

joyous said...

Congrats on your first Thanksgiving!! It looked beautiful. I bet you were pooped after that long day. We had a nice time we Mom and Dad, but missed you guys....can't wait to see you!

Shannon said...

Wow. I am so impressed with your domestic skills! Go Brad for doing all the oven stuff too. Your table looked beautiful. How fun that you still got to have lots of people around. Glad you had a good time. Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Mel, I'm so proud of you!! You are such the little homemaker. Your table, turkey, rolls, etc. all look wonderful. Very impressive. Looks like you had a fun time. We had a nice day too and a nice weekend. The American Girl store was so fun. The house is all decked out for Christmas and now it's only 19 days until you come :-) Boy does a lot have to happen in those 19 days!

Olson Family said...

Melanie I cant believe you made a turkey!! I am WAYY impressed! :) I am So0o0 excited to see you!! We need to snuggle!!! PLEASE!!

Karisty said...

I'm a little behind on checking blogs so sorry for the late comments but it looks like you did an amazing job with your first Thanksgiving! Also I'm so excited for you to get your new house and your new puppy! One day you'll wake up and think I can't remember what it was like without her. That's how we feel about ours. She is adorable, enjoy her baby time because it goes fast.