Thursday, February 19, 2009

Targhee!!

So Brad and I had a wonderful anniversery trip. We went up to the Grand Targhee Resort! It was a beautiful drive just like Brad said it would be, with all the fields full of untouched snow! This is acutally the sign leaving but it was the same thing coming in, it just said Welcome. ha We got to Targhee which is actually in Wyoming, so I got to add that to my states I've been too!! We got there on a Saturday late afternoon, and so on Sunday we woke up and went and got foot soaks/massages! It was so nice and Brad loved it and now totally understands why I love to go get pampered! Then Monday we woke up and got ready to go Snowboarding!!
Let me just say, it was so hard!! It was snowing that day and oh my goodness! I lasted like not even half way down the mountain. HA Apparently my boats were too small and that's why I was in so much pain! So I'm determined to try again.. or maybe try skiing! Who knows!?

The summer Brad and I started dating he worked with his brother-in-law Jeremy out in Driggs, Idaho doing framing for homes. This is one of the homes Brad helped with, it was pretty cool to see the finished product! He took a detour to show me!


The "Fancy" Resteraunt in Targhee was called The Branding Iron Grill. This is the main lighting, it was huge and so cool looking!!!


This is us at the table we sat at twice in a row, not a lot of people there after the weekend! It was so pretty and we loved sitting by the fire place!




On our drive back home I couldn't help but take pictures of all kinds of trees and all the snow!! It was so beautiful.



One of those side windows was ours, I think it was the bottom one! Brad was able to pretty much snowboard all the way down to the parking lot!! It worked out great! We loved our room and the people up on the mountain, everyone was so nice!







This is us on our way home just having fun with the camera! We were ready to come back to our lives!! But we so enjoyed celebrating our 1 year anneversary together with just the two of us! We can't believe a years gone by and we've had so much fun!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mel, you didn't tell me that you snowboarded!!! I think your the first in the family. It looked like fun. Yes, you'll have to try again. Or maybe skiing. I liked skiing a lot when I was your age! Sounds like a wonderful trip. You kids are so cute :-)