Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I really wanted to Blog like a week ago but I couldn't get my computer to upload my pictures but thanks to my amazing sister Shannon who told me to put one picture up at a time. So here it is! First off, I love Christmas! I love the colors, the smells, the food, and all the lights and decorations! I didn't realize how many decoration I had until I unloaded them all! But so much fun! Here's our Christmas tree all decorated and lit up, it's my favorite thing!! While in Washington for thanksgiving Lindsay gave me a paper to make an advent calander! It was so much fun to make and it was really crafty!! And we put 2 of our favorite things in it, York patties and cadbury eggs!
When we first moved down to Rexburg after getting married Linda sent a lot of extra things with us to have. So say hello to one of my villages! This is the first year I get to put it up since last year we were packing and getting ready to move! It's super cute and I love having it lit up!


One of my christmas presents from my mom this year (that I opened early) was this cross stitch that says Holly all framed and ready for a wall! It's super cute and looked so festive on my wall!
Last but not least I have started to make chocolate bread!! I only have 5 loaf pans so I've had to do a little more batches. I've done 3 but only have 12 loafs, Brad and I have had to test one from each batch, you know, to see if they are good or not! But I finished all my Christmas shopping today and wrapped them all! Now all we have to do is wait tile the big day!!!






7 comments:

Shannon said...

Good job! You look like you're all set. I love your little tree. It's so cute! I would invest in another 5 loaf pans for next year. Cranking out 10 loaves at a time is the way to go. :) Anyway, I am so glad that we get to see you so close to Christmas this year. It will be great. Love you tons!

Amanda said...

Your table tree is adorable!!! The bow is almsot as big as the tree :) And my mom and I would like the receipe for the chocolate bread. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday!

joyous said...

Seriously!!! Loaf pans are cheap! I buy 10 new ones every year. It's like 5 bucks and makes life so much easier.

Your tree is adorable though and I love your "Holly" cross-stitch. I love your little village and can't wait to see it grow. That will be a fun collection!

Olson Family said...

ohhh i bet your place looks soo cute!! I wish I could visit again this month! I had so much fun with you guys! I am glad that i missed the negative 7 degree weather though. ;) hope you and brad continue to enjoy the christmas season!

Mom said...

Your house looks so cute and festive for Christmas. I'm glad you opened your "Holly" cross-stitch and have it up for this Christmas. That was the point of sending it early. It is my favorite thing that you all make chocolate bread. Such a family tradition!! (And yes, your sisters are right. . you work at Albertson's; buy 5 more pans, you silly girl!) Dad's made two double batches two nights in a row (that's 40). So that should get us started. Once this ward party is finished tomorrow. . .I'm going to wrap my presents too. All my presents are done. . .except Jules. Has your Christmas present from us arrived yet??? Let me know when it does. . O.K.?? I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you.

Anonymous said...

You're quite the homemaker...I'm so impressed! Once again our tree only has ornaments on the top half so little Zander hands can't reach and destroy. Maybe next year I can have a fully decorated tree and it will be beautiful like yours:)

sara said...

Go you! Looks like you've had fun with Christmas around your house. I just LOVE decorating and making the house all festive. I'm glad you have done the same. It's all so so cute!