Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter Adventures in Idaho

On Thursday of last week, I got home from work at about 7:30 and was just sitting down to watch T.V. while I waited for Brad to get done with his last final at 8:30 and the lights dimmed and then all the power went out. I thought it was just in my house but I opened the door and the whole street was out. So Luckily I have a lot of candles, I think I ended up lighting about 30 candles. This is the coffee table I had about 7 or 8 candles on it, all the big ones and one that had 3 wicks. This is the room with the flash. It started getting cold so I had to pull out the big blankets!
This is my favorite part of my holiday decoration, it looks so cute but this is what it looked like when all the lights were out. I had the house so lit up from all the candles when Brad pulled up he thought we had power back.
Here it is all lit up. The stockings were made by Linda and the cute JOY blocks were made by Ashley for our sister presents! But I put the candles up and it looks pretty cute, just minus the mess! It's all of our games and movies!
This is the dining room! It's my wall art that had candles already on it! It was kind of fun to light all my candles but I had to light them all because I was kind of freaked out being by myself. Brad was in him last final and they were doing presentations, Brad ended up having to do his groups on a laptop and in the dark but he did well and his teacher was very understanding, he even gave them the option to not do it! He got home and we decided to go to Idaho Falls for dinner since power was out from Rigby all the way up to Teton. Which if you were driving is like a 2 hour stretch! When we got home at 11:15 the power was on. It was slightly scary but once Brad got home it was fun to go out and spend some away time together!

4 comments:

joyous said...

I'm glad you had so many candles on hand!!! I need to stock up again. Your stockings are super cute! and now I have to covet your "joy" blocks. ;)

Congrats to Brad on finishing the semester!!!! I would have just stayed and done my presentation too...just to be done. It was smart to go out too b/c I bet it got cold in your house with no power! I love you so much and will call you on Christmas!

Shannon said...

Wow. I don't think I have that many candles. I wouldn't have liked to be alone for that either. You're brave. Sounds like you got to make the most of it though. The biggest bummer about losing power in ID or Ut is that it gets cold in a house pretty quick with no heat. I LOVE all your cute decorations. Your stockings are adorable too! What fun gifts! Woohoo for Brad being done with the semester. I hope you two have a very fun, cozy Christmas! And then I'll get to see you! Yay!

Alicia said...

We heard about that power outage! ...because the gas tanker exploded at a gas station?! I saw it on a link to a rexburg news article! Crazy!!
Hope you guys have a great Christmas!!!

Kyle and Jillian said...

Good job on the positive attitude. There is something just a little bit fun about a {short} power outage. I guess maybe there is a reason to keep candles after all. I love the decor in your house. Isn't it fun to be able to decorate however you want? Be safe and have a wonderful Christmas!