Wednesday, January 6, 2010

All in One

This was my first Christmas away from home so it was really weird to have a semi-white christmas and not see any family besides my wonderful Bradley. So we woke up when we woke up and tried to make some breakfast and it didn't turn out so well. We went and opened presents. First we opened our presents from Shannon and Ian. We got the 4th Happy Potter and BananaGrams! It's the funnest game, Brad is way addicted! Brad got me the 1st season of the Big Bang Theory, and I had been waiting for it to come from Netflix all month and other movies kept showing up but Christmas day I realize why, sneaky hubby. I also got a itunes giftcard and a foot massager!

I gave Brad the Ice Age movies, a headset for his XBox360, and his favorite cookies!

And I finally got a Kitchen Aid!!! Hallejah! I can make cookies so much faster! Thanks parents!

Brad and I got the gift of shopping from Linda and Dave, which totally saved our lives! Thank you!
Here is some very very snowy roads! This was when we were getting close to Lindsay's. We got to Shannon and Ian's house late on the 30th and on the 31st we woke up and went to see Boop then we went to Aunt Jan's to visit and they gave me these cute blocks. (That's the christmas side!) Then we went to Panda Express, brad's request!

We barely made it to midnight but we had all the fun fried food, fun games and a "glow show" by Weston and Davin to make the time pass! We took pictures and got the black lung from "sparklers" and were probably asleep by 12:15! ha On New Year's day we went to the book store and per my request we had In' N' Out!!! So wonderful!! After we headed to Lindsay and Jeremy's for dinner! It was so fun to see the kids and play with them! They made us an awesome steak and potatoes dinner and then very very generously gave us a bag of steaks, a roast, and lots of ground beef. So thanks Wrights!

Brad and I want to thank those who have helped and prayed for us this last year. We truely love and appreicate all of you! Hope you have a happy new year, we wish all the best!





6 comments:

joyous said...

Awwww!!! What a cute holiday post, all in one! Looks like you got some fun things for Christmas. I love that Brad kept moving the Big Bang Theory down on your Netflix. Very clever.

And it sounds like you had a good new year's and got to see lots of family. I love you so much and I"ll talk to you soon!

alyssa said...

yay i found your blog! we're glad you had a great Christmas. bananagrams is such a sweet game! we miss hanging out with you and brad!

Shannon said...

Christmas at home is definitely hard the first year. It's just so much quieter than being with all the family. I am so glad that you and Brad were able to come to our house for New Years. I had a blast. Sounds like you guys scored too. I am so excited that you got your KitchenAid. So nice. Also, I am jealous of Brad's Pirouette cookies right about now. Mmmm. Anyway, hope things are going well in the new year so far. Love you guys!

Mom said...

Your quiet little home Christmas sounded nice. Did you ever make chicken scampi?? All in all it sounded like a nice holiday and you got to see some family too. I better get you that chocolate chip recipe so you can get some more use out of that kitchen aid. I love you!!

Dad O. said...

Just so Brad knows that the Kitchen Aid was for BOTH of you I'll let him in on a few tips- you can mix almost a full gallon of paint in that big bowl it has, and if you use the dough hook you can mix small amounts of mortar or stucco for repair jobs.

The Curnow Family said...

Don't tell him that dad!