Thursday, January 28, 2010

Does food posioning count as a weight loss plan?

Monday while I was at work, about 5 pm to be exact, I wasn't feeling to go. So about 6:30pm I just couldn't do it anymore and decided to go home. After barely being able to get home safetly, I went straight up to bed and the symptoms only got worse. Brad came home at about 8 and took care of me. At about 1030ish, I was finally throwing up, and throwing up. After Brad got me and the entire bathroom cleaned up, he started getting the symptoms. So at about 1230ish Brad started his throwing up! I tried my best to take care of him, but I wasn't much help, but he was in a little more control. I have never seen myself so pale. Brad's palest was when he came back from the hospital about a year or so ago.
We spent all night up and in the bathroom, so I called in sick for Tuesday, and it was Brad's day off. Then, Wed. I gave it a go at work, and just about had it. After the longest 4 hours of my life I was able to go home, Brad called in sick. Brad's at work today, and it's my day off. Which he's doing ok, we went to Sam's Club for one thing and it nearly took all my energy for the day.

Well, after not eating anything and everything leaving my system. On Tuesday morning, Brad and I weighed ourselves. In that 12 hour period, I had lost 13 pounds, and Brad 9! How crazy is that, no wonder I'm still very weak. Anyways, Brad and I are slowly feeling better, thank goodness, because it's been the most inconvienient sickness ever. I missed a day and a half of work, Brad missed the same. So hopefully, all will be back to normal tomorrow!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

"I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

Name that movie! Anyway, I'm so sorry that you guys have been so sick. That is no fun at all. It's especially crappy when you have to miss work and not get paid. I hope you are back to normal soon! Love you lots.

joyous said...

Major bummer. I'm so sorry you guys were sick AND that you had to miss work. Boo. Anyway, a few less pounds is definitely a silver lining. ;) Love ya!

Mum said...

Hey, why haven't you called your mother when you are sick??? I would talk to you. I was home all afternoon. I called in sick today too. (But it was to get ready for my R.S. activity tonight. . . . . which went well in case you wanted to know.) I'm sorry about you two sickies, though. Call me sometime!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

No fun. Hope you guys are okay, do you know what it was that you ate to make you feel sick?