Friday, January 22, 2010

why you don't mess around at work..

My sweet inocent town of Rexburg had one of its banks robbed about a week ago. The day it was robbed I was closing (shift 4:30-1AM) and I saw the road closed off, later to find out what had happened. But before my boss had left for the day she was like, "oh ya mel, make sure you don't keep too much money on top, just in case anything happens." Which totally freaked me out, I didn't want to deal with getting robbed. I mean, I know the drill, Don't Do Anything! Just give them what they want. So obviously nothing happened, who would rob a grocery store?! But later that week, the police station sent us pictures from the robbery of the guy and we have it stareing at us on the safe, so everytime I open it (which is like 100 times a night) I see this guy.
My friend Tony that I usually close with was in the booth with me (which is where I get all my work done, and where the safe is) and I'm joking with him that if the robber came to steal our money I would first start by throwing the pennies, nickles, dimes, ect. And then Tony said, "well what if he has a gun, you would need to give him real money." I said, "That's easy, I would just jump in the safe and I wouldn't get hit." So I tried to demonstrate, too bad the shelf in the safe was not attached like I thought it was, So I jump in and almost immediately start to fall and flung the shelf! Totally ate it, luckily the shelf didn't fall and no money fell out, only Tony laughing his head off! Here is the results, this was the first day, but day 2 and 3 it was really black and yellow. Lesson learned, don't jump in safes!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You are so funny Mel! Who jumps in a safe?!? :) I guess you do. That is a pretty impressive bruise though.
PS-I hope you don't get robbed.

Mom said...

I guess that's what you get when you are a big chicken and try to hide in a safe!! Look who's talking. . . . I'm afraid of scary commercials ;-) I only wish I could have seen you do it. Sorry about the bruise! I love you.