Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Sad Good-Bye

Yesterday afternoon I fed Little Boy, but he didn't attack his food as usual, I found it odd but I thought maybe I fed him the day before that so he's not that hungry. Then a few hours later I had my friend Kristal over and I was in the kitchen and little boy was lying upside down at the bottom of the bowl. He always plays dead so I kinda shook the bowl like I always do and nothing happened. I was horrified, Little Boy was dead. He was my first pet since I had been on my own.
I got Little Boy last summer from some boys, we stole them, and then they just let us have them. (It was a big war.)I loved having a pet during school, he was always happy and always knew when I was around. After Summer semester was over Little Boy has survived one trip to Utah all the way up to Washington to live with Brad for awhile, and resently survived the long journey from Washington to Rexburg (a 2 day trip). He was always so much fun, he loved looking like he was dead and scaring me to death, and loved the bamboo in his fish bowl. I had real pictures of him but the memory card apparently wasn't in the camera, but this is pretty much exactly what he looked like.

Brad and I are now looking for another beta. We'll probably have a new one by the end of the week.

Brad didn't get the job that he interviewed for, but the good news is they are going to certify him so maybe the next opening will be his shot! In the mean time, his managers would love for him to join them as CSM's so we'll see if that becomes a sure thing!!

3 comments:

joyous said...

Double bummer...the job and the fish!! I know they don't do much, but I do miss having a little beta around. Good luck finding a new one and I'm sure more opportunities will open up for Brad!

Shannon said...

Aww poor beta. So sad. I'm amazed Pete has lasted this long. I swear he never eats the food I give him. Stupid frog. Anyway, I'm glad that you are going to get a new one. Don't get too depressed. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about Little Boy. Actually, I'm amazed that fish survived all those trips back and forth and forth and back again. Amazing!! Guess who I saw today working at Nordstroms??? That's right, your friend, Liz Romero. She said to tell you hi from her. We had a nice visit since there was no one in purses and she was kind of bored. She's a cute girl. She's finishing up at Fullerton and then heading to CSULB to get a degree in Pyschology to be a HS pych teacher. I took Aunt Beth out to lunch today b/c it was her actual 50th B-day :-) Pretty fun!! Dad and I just got back from the temple. It's 8:30 P.M. and it's 92 degrees here in beautiful La Habra, ahhh. I bet you miss it here. Admit it. Well, we miss you and Brad.

Love, Mom